First Aid & CPR
TRAINING EVENT: First Aid and CPR Course
COURSE PROVIDER: Emergency Australia
LOCATION: Building B/45 Gosport St, Hemmant QLD 4174
DATE: Saturday 29th January 2022
MUSTER STATUS REQUIRED: Engagement Ready or Deployment Ready
Disaster Relief Australia and DRT QLD South are hosting a First Aid Course to provide training opportunities to members to upskill our teams ready for the next opportunity to serve those impacted by a disaster, or who need our help.
We cannot always control what happens, injuries, accidents and illnesses can occur at anytime. What you can control is your preparation for, and response to these events.
First Aid can give you the tools to save the life of a family member, colleague at work or DRA mate. In Australia, we have one of the lowest per capita rates of First Aid qualification amongst our population. Be part of the solution, become qualified and then stay qualified. Let DRA help you achieve this.
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty in line with first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies. The unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
WHO CAN APPLY
Those DRA Members who belong to the South Queensland DRT or Northern NSW will be considered as a priority for this training opportunity. Residents of other DRTs MAY be considered, however border restrictions on either leaving or returning home may make this prohibitive.
WHAT IS COVERED
- If possible, new DRA long sleeve shirts will be provided to successful participants without one.
- Training course and trainer
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- No fuel or travel subsidy will be provided. Carpooling may be available.
- Meals will not be covered
Members must have reached ENGAGEMENT or DEPLOYMENT READY in Muster to be eligible for DRA Training.
If you are waiting on a call or have had trouble setting up your profile, please indicate this in your EOI and the Membership team will be in touch to help you out.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students will be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete online/ pre-course studies.
- Submission of an EOI is not a guarantee of attendance.
Please note: Check spam and junk folders for missing communications!
*** Any failures to attend once selected will be charged to DRA.***
Thank you for your interest in supporting DRA – DRT QLD South!