How you can help
How would you like to be remembered?
When disaster strikes, we work hard to help the most vulnerable in need. Through the generosity of your legacy, you are making a significant impact by assisting individuals, families and communities affected by natural disasters for many years to come. With the incidence of natural disasters tripling in the past thirty years, leaving a gift in your Will to Disaster Relief Australia to assist future generations has never been so important.
It’s easy to leave a gift in your Will to Disaster Relief Australia. You can either include the bequest when you write your Will or simply add one as a codicil to your existing Will. It is important for you to discuss your intentions with your loved ones and your intention to leave a gift in your Will to Disaster Relief Australia and how important it is to you. This will help to ensure your wishes are honoured.
To guarantee your wishes are recorded in a legally binding way, we recommend you seek professional advice from a legal advisor. Upon confirmation of your gift, you will be invited to join a special group of committed and like-minded supporters. We are grateful to every member of this community and thank them for their invaluable and lasting support. Your gift will make a significant and lasting impact on the future lives of Australians affected by disasters.
Our promise to you
1. We will always respect your privacy. We recognise and appreciate that your Will is completely personal to you and shall be held in strict confidence and not publicly disclosed during your lifetime without your expressed permission. We will honour any request you make not to be contacted by us in a particular way, or to remain anonymous.
2. We realise that, rightly, your family and loved ones will always come first.
3. We recognise that it’s your decision and you need to make it in your own time.
4. We would love to know that you have included Disaster Relief Australia in your Will so that we can discuss any wishes you may have. Of course, if you decide not to tell us, we understand your decision.
5. If you choose to tell us, we will give you and your family as much choice as we can about how and where your gift will be used to transform the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by natural disasters.
6. We will give you the opportunity to be connected with the work we do, that is made possible by gifts such as yours.
7. We act with integrity and will use your gift carefully and cost effectively so that it has the greatest impact now and for future generations.
8. We appreciate that circumstances change. At any time, you have the absolute right to change your mind about a gift in your will to Disaster Relief Australia. We respect your decision.
9. We will handle your gift with care, sensitivity and respect.
For a confidential discussion about leaving a gift in your will to Disaster Relief Australia, please contact Rebecca Miller, National Fundraising Manager on 0421 213 001 or email Rebecca.Miller@disasterreliefaus.org.
All your questions answered
Suggested wording in a Will when leaving a gift to Disaster Relief Australia
Make your impact now and into the future
Our promise to you