Disaster Relief Australia Bequest Charter
Our Promise to You
1. We will always respect your privacy. We recognise and appreciate that your Will is completely personal to you and shall be held in strict confidence and not publicly disclosed during your lifetime without your expressed permission. We will honour any request you make not to be contacted by us in a particular way, or to remain anonymous.
2. We realise that, rightly, your family and loved ones will always come first.
3. We recognise that it’s your decision and you need to make it in your own time.
4. We would love to know that you have included Disaster Relief Australia in your Will so that we can discuss any wishes you may have. Of course, if you decide not to tell us, we understand your decision.
5. If you choose to tell us, we will give you and your family as much choice as we can about how and where your gift will be used to transform the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by natural disasters.
6. We will give you the opportunity to be connected with the work we do, that is made possible by gifts such as yours.
7. We act with integrity and will use your gift carefully and cost effectively so that it has the greatest impact now and for future generations.
8. We appreciate that circumstances change. At any time, you have the absolute right to change your mind about a gift in your will to Disaster Relief Australia. We respect your decision.
9. We will handle your gift with care, sensitivity and respect.
For a confidential discussion about leaving a gift in your will to Disaster Relief Australia, please contact Rebecca Miller, National Fundraising Manager on 0421 213 001 or email Rebecca.Miller@disasterreliefaus.org.